Leaks happen. The worst part is we don’t often realize it until a whopper of a water bill arrives in the mail or a flood of water bursts through a wall.
That’s where our Be Ready rebate can help.
As winter approaches, SAWS is offering a $75 rebate when residential customers hire a licensed plumber to check their homes for leaks and opportunities to winterize plumbing.
Protecting pipes from freezing temperatures can be as simple as wrapping them up in old towels. But since every house is different, a licensed plumber can help identify risks that may not be so obvious. This may include:
- Installing valves to shut off water in an emergency.
- Insulating exposed pipes under pier-and-beam houses, in crawl spaces or other locations.
- Identifying if water heaters, washing machines, water softeners or water lines are vulnerable to a freeze.
To qualify for the $75 rebate, customers must:
- Complete the Be Ready rebate application at GardenStyleSA.com/plumbing.
- Hire a licensed plumber to perform the assessment.
- Submit an invoice and rebate checklist from the licensed plumber.
Once all rebate requirements are met, a $75 credit will be applied to the customer’s water bill.
The offer is limited to the first 2,000 qualified customers. Full program details will be available starting Nov. 8 at GardenStyleSA.com/plumbing.